Effective October 19, 2021
We at Stackin created this privacy and security policy (“Policy”) to explain how we collect, use, protect, and disclose information and data when you use our online services (“Services”).
We respect your privacy.
Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
Information We Collect or Receive
In the course of operating the Platform and providing the Services, we collect or receive the following types of information:
1. Personal Information
When you register to become a Client, you will be asked to provide us with certain information about you, such as, your name, date of birth, Tax ID number, citizenship, visa information, home address, telephone number, email address, card and bank information employment status, job position, annual income range, total net worth range, and other information as appropriate for our legitimate business needs (collectively and together with information referenced in Sections 2-6 below, the “Personal Information”). We may also collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide us with Personal Information as a Visitor, such as when you use our “Contact” form.
2. Nonpublic Personal Information
3. Initial Questionnaire Information
4. Card and Bank Information
5. Transaction Information
6. Geolocational Information
Certain features and functionalities of the Services may be based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device, wireless carrier, or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case Stackin will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
7. Recorded Information for Customer Contact
8. Other Information
We may automatically collect or receive additional information about you, your use of our Platform, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Platform (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include, but is not limited to, the following:a) From Your Activity
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time; and
- Details regarding your activity on the Platform, such as search queries and other performance and usage data.
- Type of device;
- Universally Unique Identifier (“UUID”);
- Advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Wireless carrier; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, or LTE).
We may, from time to time, ask you to participate in surveys on our Sites. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary. These surveys may be conducted by our third-party service providers. Such third-party service providers are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We will use survey results to continue to improve the Platform and the Services. We will use your personal information from our surveys to send you information about our products and services and about third-party products and services. We may combine your survey information with other data we have about you. We may also anonymize and aggregate the survey information (removing any information that could identify you personally) and sell it to third parties, as it is no longer “Personal Information” when so aggregated and anonymized.
Information Collected by or Received from Third-Party Sources
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising
How the Information is Used and Shared
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, the Third-Party Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Platform and Services; to help us improve the content and functionality of our Platform and Services; to provide trade recommendations; to advise you about your portfolio; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of third parties.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our contractual obligations to you or subsequent requests for support by you;
- To track your purchases, match your purchases with the other Information we have about you and provide suggestions to you about potential product recommendations, services recommendations, saving money, and other financial services and offers that we believe may help you;
- Stackin, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples of such functions include website hosting, mailing information, maintaining databases, ID verification, processing applications, processing payments and completing transactions. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function. These companies are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- We may share some or all of your Information with any other companies that we control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us;
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, launch of a new subsidiary, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets and you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Platform of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information;
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Clients, the Platform, the Services, and the products and services of Stackin, we may analyze certain Information to compile information about our Client demographics, interests and behaviors and to create data analytics on an aggregate basis. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate information with our affiliates, agents, business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Platform, the Services and our products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes;
- Stackin may disclose your Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Stackin, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the financial security of users of the Platform or the public against fraud or other harm, or (iv) protect against legal liability;
- We may share your Information with third parties, including but not limited to third-party market research firms for analysis purposes and to help such third parties generate market research data for us which will not identify you personally. Such third parties will provide us market research data to help us better segment our Client base and understand what products and services would likely work best for our Clients.
If you would like to opt-out of Stackin’s sharing of your Information with affiliates and third parties, please contact us at email@example.com. We will use your Information for our internal business purposes, including but not limited to, creating user state modeling and comprehensive behavioral profiling.
Sharing of Your Information with Non-affiliated Third Parties
We will not share your Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use your Information to market to you, without obtaining your opt-in consent. For example, we may offer you with a product opportunity that requires us to share your Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use your Information to market to you. We will obtain your opt-in consent to such sharing of your Information when we present you with the terms of such offer.
If you have opted-in for this kind of sharing of your Information, then you may: (i) choose to opt-out of such sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or (ii) request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Information to such non-affiliated third parties by contacting us at email@example.com.
Accessing and Modifying Information Communication Preferences
If you have provided us any Personal Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes, by making the change(s) in your registered account settings page. If you experience difficulties, please contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as possible. Please note that customer service is not able to make changes on your account.
When you sign up for our Services or newsletter(s), we will send periodic emails to you regarding the Services or to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you.
If at any time you wish not to receive any future newsletters or marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or contact us at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. Note however that as a user of the Services we and/or our custodian(s) will send you administrative and transactional communications that are reasonably necessary to provide the Services, such as billing, brokerage or service notifications and you cannot opt out of receiving such communications.
We may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by deleting the relevant service or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
By providing your phone number you expressly consent to Stackin and/or its agents calling or texting you using an automated telephone dialing system and / or prerecorded messages, even if you incur charges for receiving such communications. For example, we may send you informational text messages to your mobile device in order to better service your account. You can revoke your consent to receiving informational text messages at any time by replying “STOP” or following any other instructions included in these text messages or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as bank account information) in our Platform, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We and our custodian also use third-party ID verification to ensure our users’ true identities are validated.
We take commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, email sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Retention of Your Information
We do not email you or send you other electronic communications to request nonpublic information or account information (such as username and password). If you receive an unsolicited email or other electronic communication that appears to be from Stackin but you suspect it may be from some other source or fraudulent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SUBSCRIBE TO ANY OF OUR SERVICES.We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 through the Platform. If you are under 16, please do not give us any Personal Information. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Platform without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites and Integration of Third-Party Content
Consent to Recordings
By using the Platform, you consent to the recording, retention and use of any communication, information and data exchanged between you and Stackin or its representatives or agents for execution, processing, database maintenance, record-keeping, or any other use in the regular course of business, from time to time, provided that such use is permitted under applicable law.
How We Handle “Do Not Track” Settings
Presently, Stackin does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
California residents have the right to request the following information:
- categories of Personal Information collected, used, and/or disclosed about you;
- categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and disclosing your Personal Information;
- categories of third parties with whom your Personal Information has been disclosed or shared; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, you may email us your request at email@example.com with “CCPA Request” as the subject line and include the following information:
- Whether you are requesting to access your information, delete your information or making a Do Not Sell request.
- Your full name, email address and your zip code (so we can verify that you are a California resident).
You may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf and we may need to verify your or your authorized agent’s identity. We will confirm and respond to our request within the timeframe required under the CCPA. You may only make a CCPA request twice in a 12-month period. Deletion of information may not be completed if it is necessary for Stackin to maintain the information for the purposes in Cal. Civil Code section 1798.105.
We will not and cannot discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Under the California “Shine the Light” Act, you are also entitled to request and obtain certain information about your personal information that has been disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year (if any). You may make this request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CA Shine the Light Act Request.”
Other Important Notices
The Platform and the Services are intended for natural persons who are citizens or other lawful residents of the United States and who are located in the United States. The Platform, the Services and their servers are controlled and operated in the United States. Please be aware that your Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform and/or the Services, you do so at your own risk.